There’s no need to suffer with asthma, allergies, and other respiratory ailments, especially not in the comfort of your own home. But what you may not realize is that medical treatments and pharmaceuticals are not your only option for addressing these issues. In case you didn’t know, polluted air is a major health risk, according to the EPA. And studies have shown that the air inside most homes is far more polluted than the air outside (although not necessarily with hydrocarbons). So failing to address your interior air problems could leave you a coughing, wheezing mess. On the other hand, you can take several steps to make your home air clean. You can remove contaminants if you stop smoking in the house (or completely), replace plush surfaces with hard materials, and consider adopting pets out to another home if they are the source of your discomfort. But you can also install a whole-home air purification system to help with your respiratory woes. Here are a few reasons to consider this purchase.
- Reduce pollutants. The number one reason to install a clean air system is to make the air in your home more breathable by reducing pollutants like dust, dander, mold, mildew, smoke, bacteria, and even pollen that has found its way in from outside. And HEPA filters are designed to trap and lock particulates that are as small as 0.3 microns. For comparison, a single dust particle averages between 2 and 10 microns in size. So this filter is catching some pretty small pollutants.
- Improve health. All of the particulates present in your home can cause respiratory distress, especially for those who suffer with allergies or asthma. And some can lead to colds, coughs, and even worsening issues like pneumonia over time if left untreated. So reducing the pollutants in your home through the use of a whole home system for air purification can help to significantly reduce health issues, including both respiratory and skin irritation.
- Cut costs. You might spend quite a bit of money on medical treatments associated with health issues like asthma and allergies, and the ongoing expenses of pharmaceuticals and other medical intervention can quickly add up to a serious chunk of change. So while you might grumble about the cost of installing a whole-home air purification system, the truth is that over time you could end up saving quite a bit of money.
- Easy maintenance. There are few easier ways to curb the issues caused by pollutants in your air than with a whole-home filtration system. Rather than relying on a slew of daily medications and inhalers to get you through, all you have to do is change a filter every couple of months (depending on your home, the filters you use, and the level of contaminants in the home).
- Comfortable interior environment. You don’t want to spend your time at home hacking, wheezing, and wondering why you can’t breathe. When you’re looking for a new furnace or AC unit, it’s only natural to ask yourself: why choose a carrier factory authorized dealer over other brands? And when you’re dealing with worsening allergies or asthma in the home, you should certainly question whether or not the interior air is to blame. Taking steps to improve the quality of your interior air could help to curb health problems and make your home more comfortable and livable.