Are you gearing up for a big move? If you are in the middle of planning your move, there is a good chance that you have a lot of work cut out for you. When it comes down to it, moving can be one of the most stressful things you can do in your life. This is especially the case if you have been living in one location for a long time. After five to ten years, your stuff accumulates, drawers fill with junk, and you have a lot of items you don’t need anymore. Before you move, you want to find an efficient way to organize and pack. This is important for the sake of shedding your unwanted items and for the sake of making sure your personal belongings make it to the final destination in one piece. Here is how to organize and pack for a home move.
- Make sure to take stock – you want to go through your entire home and make a list. When it comes down to it, taking inventory will help you get rid of items and it will help you decide what to keep. You can often make a column for the two categories – just to make it easier when it comes time to pack or toss items out. When packing and moving, it is important to discard unneeded items.
- Make sure to start packing the items you definitely want to bring ahead of time- it will help to get a jump start on the moving process. When it is finally time to move, a majority of your stuff will already be ready to go. Many people wait until the very last moment to move, which can put them in a predicament that is both stressful and worrisome. By simply planning ahead, you can prevent all the trouble.
- Make sure to hire a mover – there is a good chance that you don’t want to move everything on your own. Not only could this take multiple trips, but it will also increase the chances that something gets damaged in transit. For instance, you can contact a mover like Florida Van Lines to pick up your items and move them to your new residence.
- Make sure that you get rid of the items you don’t need – purging these items will make the move a lot lighter and a lot easier. Not to mention, your move will be less expensive. If you bring everything from your old property, it may cost a fortune. When those items do get to your new property, you may realize that you don’t have any room, so it is much better to purge before you get to this point.
- Make sure that you bring your personal items with you – this will reduce the risk that these items get damaged. The last thing you want is for all your delicate belongings to be in the moving truck with heavy furniture and other items that can cause damage. In the end, you can carefully wrap your delicate items and then place them in your trunk or the backseat of your car.