Like many parents, there is a good chance that you are on a budget after having a child. With all the necessary basics that have to be taken care of – from the hospital bills to all the supplies – it can be hard to think of how you are going to decorate your child’s nursery. When it comes down to it, you can’t really hire an interior decorator, because that is probably way outside your budget. This is exactly why you want to start thinking of some nursery decorating ideas that won’t set you back too far. Fortunately, there are a number of ways to make your child’s bedroom look beautiful without breaking the bank. Here are some nursery decorating ideas for parents to be.
- Paint the room a bright beautiful color – you don’t need to hire house painters, because you can do it yourself. Instead of hiring wall painters that could cost you hundreds of dollars, you can easily purchase the supplies yourself and paint your child’s room. You can go with the classic blue or pink – or you can go for something totally different. Whatever you do, make sure that the color is bright and fun.
- Source the furniture second hand – if you do your research, you can find some great second hand pieces. Instead of purchasing expensive new furniture, you may want to find second hand furniture pieces – either from a reseller of used furniture or from a family member. There is a good chance that you know someone with a child that has outgrown his or her nursery.
- Place some unique art on the wall – getting creative is a great way to completely transform your child’s nursery. Another way to boost the appeal of your child’s bedroom without spending too much money is to place some art on the walls. You can go with some interesting text decals from Words Anywhere, or you can paint something on the wall yourself. If you have an artistic touch, you may be able to create a really beautiful mural.
- Don’t go for expensive bedding – you can get away with affordable bedding that won’t set you back too far. Bedding can be expensive, especially if you go for raw linen. Of course, this expensive bedding will be soft, but the more affordable bedding can also be just as soft. However, you want to be sure that there are no VOCs, or volatile organic compounds, in the bedding. The truth of the matter is that you can find organic cotton sheets that are nontoxic and inexpensive.
- Skip building expensive storage and shelving – you can get away with makeshift baskets and boxes. When it comes down to it, storage is important, because you have to find places for diapers, supplies, toys and more. In most cases, though, you can get away with sneaking these items into nontraditional storage units. For instance, woven baskets make a great place for toys. In the end, getting creative is incredibly important when you are decorating a nursery on a budget.