In the springtime, you can finally open your windows and let that much-welcomed breeze in. After a brutal winter, you will certainly be glad to air out all the stale air. However, the springtime also comes with a lot of responsibilities. If your region went through severe winter storms, there is a good chance that your home took a small beating. Fortunately, there are a number of ways to get your home back in fighting shape so that you can enjoy the warm weather and the impending summertime. If you don’t perform these maintenance measures, your home could start looking a little worse for wear. Here are five important spring home maintenance tips.
- Get your plumbing inspected. Your plumbing system can be extremely vulnerable in the wintertime: pipes can freeze and cause your pipes to burst or become loose at the joints. Getting your plumbing inspected will allow you to find issues that need repair. It is critical that you take care of these issues sooner rather than later, because they could become worse with time.
- Landscape your lawn or garden. Landscaping is also important in the springtime. When it comes to maintaining your home, hiring a professional landscaping service, like A&D outdoor service will allow you to brighten up your outdoor space and bring it to life after a rather dull or dead winter. If you have uprooted trees and other damage to flora, your landscaper may need to start from scratch in some areas. For instance, if you have brown or dead grass, you may need to re-sod. All in all, having a beautiful outdoor space is critical to your resale value, so you want to do everything you can to make sure it looks beautiful.
- Clear out gutters and spouts. It may have snowed and leaves may have covered your home, but the last thing you want is for the spring rainstorms to cause a flood or water damage. If your gutters are particularly clogged, rainwater won’t be able to run off efficiently and it could enter your home. This will cause a massive mess that won’t be fun to clean up. Not only that, but water damage can cause mold and mildew to break out.
- Analyze the exterior of your home for damage. During the winter, your home’s exterior can be damaged. Paint can crack, shingles can fall off – a number of things can happen. This is exactly why you want to analyze the exterior of your home – to make sure that there are no glaring issues. If there are any glaring issues, you want to have them remedied right away – shingles should be repaired and paint cracks should be sealed.
- Repave your driveway. Another part of your home that can take a hit is your driveway. If the asphalt is loose – not only can it cause injuries, it can also cause damage to your vehicle. Ideally, you want to reseal your driveway, but if it is particularly damaged, you may want to have the driveway repaved.