Keeping your home clean can be a challenge. If you have the right tools and supplies, however, it can be a much easier process. Cleaning your home not only looks great but also maintains the integrity of your house. Here are 6 essential cleaning supplies that every home should have!
- An all-purpose cleaner as always a must have for any home. All-purpose cleaners often come in a spray bottle. You can use them to clean windows, wipe up counters and even add the product to water to mop up your floors! Brands like Clorox and Mr. Clean make these products and you can find them in any hardware or grocery store!
- When cleaning the dishes or other items in your home, you likely use sponges frequently. While regular sponges can do the job, they often stay soggy, causing mold development with time. The better option is to buy microfiber sponges. These cost a bit more than regular sponges but they last much longer, plus they dry quickly!
- A Swiffer mop or duster. Ditch the broom and the old mop. Brooms end up just shifting their dust and dirt settle in your rooms, and mops are unsanitary, pushing dirty water around your home. Instead, upgrade. Swiffer mops and dusters are an awesome option. They are convenient, affordable and easy to use. You imply buy replaceable wet cloths and attach to the end of the Swiffer mop. Swipe across your room for anti-bacterial, clean results! You can also use the dry pads which attract dust and dirt on your floors for a quick dusting, sweeping effect that works infinitely better than a regular broom! When you’re done, the pads are disposable so you can just simply toss them away.
- The Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. This is one of the newest cleaning products on the market, and it lives up to it’s name! The results truly are close to magic! The Magic Eraser uses replaceable pads. Dampen with some water and begin to scrub any areas that need to be cleaned. The Eraser can quickly and easily remove hard to get stains or even mold and mildew development on a tub!
- Clorox Disinfecting wipes. These wipes come in an easy to store and pull container. They are great for cleaning up messes or so disinfecting your home. These wipes kill cold and flu viruses and kill 99.9% of bacteria in your home within just 30 seconds. They are best for use in the bathroom or kitchen, but can be used anywhere!
- Special cleaners. In addition to all-purpose options, so materials require specific cleaning products that help to enhance and protect these surfaces. To keep your stainless steel appliances streak free and shiny, use a stainless steel cleaner. For granite or marble countertops you will also need specific products. You can easily find these items at your local home and garden center or hardware store with their purposes clearly labeled.
As a homeowner, stocking your supply closet with these cleaning supplies or all natural cleaning supplies can make a huge difference. Be sure to keep an all-purpose cleaner on hand as well as special surface cleaners, Clorox wipes so U.S. wiping, a Swiffer mop and duster, Mr. Clean Magic Erasers and more.